Following the December 7, 2014 publication of his New York Times Sunday Review, “Detroit By Air” which examines the city’s dramatic haves and have-nots, photographer Alex MacLean is interviewed by Kevin Walsh and Thomas J. Reed, Jr. of Digging Detroit.
- Alex’s background, including his fear of flying leading to his pilot’s license
- Detroit’s past, present and future
- Regrowing urban communities
- Alex’s transition from aerial surveyor to gallery artist
- His favorite audiences
- Switching to digital, but still loving prints—and those amazing drones!
More information on Alex can be found at his website: http://alexmaclean.com